Friday 11 November 2016

STORY-TELLING UNIT: Preparation for the shoot (Risk Assessments and Film Permits)

Once I had found my actors and locations for the shoot, I then went about filling in the risk assessments and gaining film permits for my locations.

Risk Assessments:

In order to use the kit from UCA, I needed to fill out 2 risk assessment forms (1 for each location). The risk assessments had to include any potential hazards and ways of minimising the risk of this hazard damaging the equipment. Once the risk assessments had been filled out, they were handed to Simon to be checked and signed.

Here are the copies of my risk assessments:

Sun Pier shoot:





My House shoot:





Film permits:

Once I'd filled out my risk assessments, I then went about contacting the Kent Film Office about film permits. To do this I had to fill out an online application for student filming. 

This is the information I had to provide:


I then received a couple of emails from Hannah at the film office requesting some further information and to have a look at my risk assessments. Once these further questions had been answered and the risk assessments had been looked over by them, I was granted film permits for the 2 days of my shoot:


Once these were sorted I just had to go about preparing my shot list for the shoot to ensure total efficiency when the shoot day came around.

No comments:

Post a Comment