Tuesday 29 November 2016

STORY-TELLING UNIT: Final Script

After 3 drafts, I finally reached a script that I was happy with. I was actually quite happy with my 3rd draft, however it was too long. In this final version I cut out any action / dialogue which added nothing to the story. Soon enough I reduced the script to 10 pages long.

Here's a summary of my finished screenplay:
- John and mum have conversation face to face
- Kyle distracts John from working at home
- John goes to work
- Kyle distracts John at his office
- John runs into Kyle on the way home from work - they argue.
- Kyle distracts John at home again
- John becomes agitated and heads to the pier
- Kyle talks John down from committing suicide
- They both go to the doctors (reveal that Kyle isn't real)
-  Join John 2 months after intensive treatment, Kyle is gone

Here's a copy of the full screenplay:





Overall I am mostly happy with my screenplay. There are a few things I would change but it was not possible with the page limit. I feel that my idea may have been more suited to a feature length film screenplay rather than a short film screenplay as there were many more things I wanted to do with the storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment